01 February 2012

Wednesday's Wonderings!

Happy February, y'all!
*This has absolutely nothing to with this post -- I just liked it! And it's so true. Hegel, you were one smart dude!

Isn't February great? Once you get past the middle of winter blues, course. It's funny how the shortest month in the year can sometimes feel like the longest. But there's plenty of fun things to cheer us up! Example 1) The Super Bowl. I'll admit, I've never been a huge football fan, but I'm pretty excited that the big game is taking place less than hour away from me. Although, I am definitely keeping my distance from Indianapolis this weekend. (I hate crowds!) So we're having a girls' night Super Bowl party at the one person's apartment who actually has TV. Strong work. I've been on Pinterest trying to find some good ideas for snacks. So far the chocolate covered strawberries that look like footballs are in the lead! Example 2) All the cool people were born in February. To name a few: Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, Michael Jordan, my grandpa, and me. Example 3) Valentines' Day. Whatever your feelings on this day -- corporate scheme or romantic day -- you have to admit that you have some pretty fond memories of making your Valentines box for your class party in elementary school. I still get pretty excited about making Valentines. So keep your eye on the post folks -- mine are ready to go in the mail!

This February is particularly great because it is currently 56 degrees and there isn't a cloud in the sky in Btown. Can anything beat wearing TOMS instead of snowboots in winter? I'm gonna go with a no on that one. It's pretty much the coolest thing since sliced bread. Especially since last year at this time we were digging out of a blizzard. I know it won't last, but I'm going to bask in the perfectness that is almost 60 degree weather.

Can I go to the Olympics in London this summer? I've been watching the qualifying matches for women's soccer for the past week or so. They weren't TV, so I had to find them on some website where I'm sure only really hardcore Olympic freaks watch. Yep, now I'm that person. But...USWNT = CONCACAF Champions! They didn't even allow a single goal from their opponents! Pretty awesome, right? I can't wait. The Summer Olympics are great. When else can you watch gymnastics, swimming, and table tennis all in one day? And to top it all off, my sister is going to be London just months before the Games. She better bring me back something from the Olympic Village!

No comments:

Post a Comment