13 February 2012

Movie Monday: Katharine Hepburn

I pretty much own every movie Katharine Hepburn ever made.  And if I don't own it, I've probably seen it.  I don't know what it is about her, but I find her absolutely fascinating.  Maybe it's the characters she plays.  Tess Harding in Woman of the Year.  Tracy Lord in The Philadelphia Story.  Susan in Bringing Up Baby.  And I absolutely adore her opposite Spencer Tracy.  They definitely had a special chemistry.  And then there's Desk Set.  From 1957, it's not one of her more well known work, but it might be my favorite.  Probably because it's about a reference librarian who outsmarts the computer engineer who tries to replace her department with an "electronic brain."  I've seen this movie about a million times, but now I finally own it.  Thanks to my parents for my Valentines gift (And yeah, yeah, I know that I opened it before I was supposed to).  Now that I'm in library school I think I appreciate this film even more.  Yep, nerd alert.

No comments:

Post a Comment