10 January 2012

Tuesday Tune-Day {Nerd Alert}


Ok, I'll admit it -- I read the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins over Christmas break. All in the name of cultural literacy. I am in library school after all, and hence, I should be knowledgeable about such things. And they were cheap to download onto my new Kindle (that's another story...I caved in on that one too). But I loved them! Seriously. I could not put them down. I'm always up for a post-apocalyptic United States story, but I was impressed. The writing style left a little to be desired, but hey, what can you expect from a book geared for 12 year olds? After reading the books, I am psyched for the first movie to come out. It's probably comparable to the way other people feel about Harry Potter, or God forbid, Twilight. To top it all off, my favorite music group, The Civil Wars, cut a new track for the soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment