17 January 2012

Don't You Just Hate That?

Today, it was raining cats and dogs when I left to catch a bus to the Archives. So I decided to wear my bright yellow rain boots to work. But...as much as I love the color yellow, I didn't want to wear them all day so I brought another pair of shoes in a grocery bag. Upon my arrival, I proceeded to change my shoes and put my bright yellow boots in the grocery bag. I carried that bag up to the Archives, downstairs after work, across campus to pick up my language proficiency exam and some mail from the History Department, back to the library, to dinner, and finally to class. And that's where I left them. For all I know, they are still sitting there. Or they could be in the garbage. Or they could be on someone's (size 10. yeah, yeah, my feet are disproportionately large) feet. Don't you just hate it when you do something like that? Here are some other things that I don't like.

1. Ketchup. Seriously -- gross. Don't even bring it near me.
2. When I read the same sentence of a book or article about a million times. This happens more often than I would like to admit.
3. When I have all vowels in Scrabble/Words With Friends. This is the current state of one my my Words With Friends Games -- so frustrating!
4. Celery. It has no taste, yet its texture is so unnerving.
5. Watching people embarrass themselves. I might have the worst case of secondhand embarrassment known to man. If you're asking a stupid question, I'm that person slumping down in her chair, covering her face that is turning a deep shade of red. It even happens when I'm watching TV. For example, Steve Carrell's character, Michael Scott, on The Office might make me more uncomfortable than any real human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment