16 January 2012

Meryl Streep Monday

Okay, I'll admit it. I really didn't know that much about Margaret Thatcher when I went to see The Iron Lady yesterday. Don't get me wrong, I probably like British history more than the average person, but give me Washington, D.C. and LBJ any day. Out of habit, I generally see just about every historical bio-flick that comes out in theaters. And this movie definitely didn't disappoint. Meryl Streep gives the performance of a lifetime (and that's saying something for her since everything she does is absolutely). I love everything she does. She might be the most versatile actor of all time. I mean, who can go from Out of Africa to Mamma Mia to Julie and Julia? She completely disappears into the character in a way that I have never seen before. You completely forget that it is Meryl Streep playing Margaret Thatcher. The only word to describe it is flawless. Her Golden Globe win last night was definitely deserved. Someone give this woman another Oscar!

I was ready to share this movie with you even before I found out the greatest part of all. Are you ready for this? Hold on to your hats. She donated her entire salary from the film to the National Women's History Museum. Can it get any better than that? I might be biased, but I don't think so. What an incredible actor and an even more incredible person. Pretty darn cool, if I don't say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment