12 June 2012

Tuesday Tune-Day: I Heart Billy Joel


True story.  I do.  I think I've loved "Piano Man" and "She's Always a Woman" since I was about seven.  I'm not sure what that says about me, but it's true.  And lately, I've been listening this song.  It just seems fitting for the place I am in my life.  Just read the lyrics:

Slow down, you crazy child.
You're so ambitious for a juvenile.
But then if you're so smart, tell me why are you still so afraid?
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about?
You better cool it off before you burn it out.
You got so much to do and only so many hours in a day.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up.  The craziness that is graduate school has made me realize that there is so much more to this life.  We get so caught up in the next thing.  Or where we're going to be when we graduate and get our degrees.  But in the meantime, we are missing out on life.  Isn't there a Beatles or John Lennon song that says "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans"?  So true.  Sometimes I need to be reminded that there is a great big world outside of what I am doing, and that I should slow down and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment