1. My dream vacation would be a tour through Africa. It's the one place that I have always wanted to go. .
2. The best trip I've ever taken was my trip to Grenada with my church when I was in high school. I know I've probably talked about it before, but it was an experience that truly changed my life. We didn't do anything really touristy -- we hung out in the real country, with the real people -- who are so beautiful. We ate their food. We lived on their time -- which is so much slower than ours. I loved the vibrant colors, the fresh fruit, the beautiful beaches, and the amazing people. If there was ever a country where I think I could actually move to, it would definitely be Grenada! .
3. The most important items to take on a road trip are good music and a good friend .
4. The next trip I'm looking forward to is hopefully my sister and I will drive (almost) the whole length of Route 66 next summer. I think we'll start in Springfield, IL instead of Chicago and then drive all the way to California! It's going to be my gift to myself for finishing my masters programs.
5. If I had to pick one CD to listen to for a long road trip it would be I would probably make a mixtape of some sort. But if I had to choose an actual album today it would be Brandi Carlile's Bear Creek. .
6. The biggest disaster I've ever encountered while traveling was hmmm...whilst in Berlin my bus hit a car. Does that count? Or when we were in Grenada the tent we were in fell down during a thunderstorm and we had to hold it up for the rest of the evening. .
7. My favorite traveling memory is when Paige and I decided to "find ourselves" on our way home from Austin, Texas. And by "find ourselves" I mean that we literally found towns on the map that were our names. So we made stops in Paige, Texas and Hope, Arkansas. Be jealous. .
Hope y'all have a great weekend!