19 June 2012

Best Album Ever?

I ordered this new album from the incredible Brandi Carlile on a whim last week.  Okay, so it wasn't really a whim -- I was trying to get my Amazon order up to $25.00 so I could have free shipping.  I was super stoked that I got all my books for my American Sacred Space class next semester and a couple of fun things for less than 40 bucks -- but that's another story.

Anyway, I've been a Brandi Carlile fan for some time now.  I'm trying to find a way to go see her live. Think Lilith Fair meets Johnny Cash (P.S. Her cover of Folsom Prison Blues is out of this world). She's probably played Lilith Fair now that I think about it. She has such a unique voice and writes lyrics that truly speak to you.  I wish I could listen to her all day.  Oh wait.  I have been.  I literally had this album on repeat for 4.5 hours on my drive back to Illinois on Friday.  And then I listened to it on the drive back on Sunday.  And it's been in my car CD player ever since.  There's nothing like rolling the windows down and blasting some tunes.  

And this album might be my favorite album ever.  That's saying something.  Fleetwood Mac's Rumours is up there.  Johnny Cash's Live at Folsom Prison has probably been on the top of my list for the longest.  If I own it on vinyl, you know it's good.  I don't have any Brandi Carlile on vinyl...yet.  But if I can listen to a CD on repeat for 9 hours, that's saying something.  Take a listen to the first single "That Wasn't Me." 

No comments:

Post a Comment