05 June 2012

Tuesday Tune-Day: Hymns


Have you ever wondered about the first time you heard music?  Where were you?  What song was it?  Maybe I'm weird, but I do.  I can't imagine what my life would be like without it.  I learned to read music before I could read words. Or maybe it was at the same time.  Anyway, it is such a part of my life that I don't even remember learning how.  I probably heard music for the first time in church.  I think I was practically born in the church nursery at Pekin Bible Church.  So today, as I ponder my relationship with music and rejoice in my relationship with my risen Savior, it seems fitting to share this song with you.  It is one of my favorite hymns and it never ceases to comfort me.  Little known fact -- it is also the first (and only) trombone solo that I ever played during the offertory at church.  The melody is beautiful and the words are true.  And this version by Alison Krauss is hauntingly beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment