21 June 2012

Still on My Title IX Soap Box


I'm still on my Title IX soap box.  I probably will be all week.  Do yourself a favor and click play on that video from the White House.  Hear from  Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius, legendary basketball coach Pat Summitt, WNBA player Tamika Catchings, and, of course, former U.S. Senator Birch Bayh.  They discuss the impact Title IX had on furthering equal rights for women.  

And, Nike Women has been running a pretty awesome ad campaign lately to honor pioneering women in sports.  So many of them were my role models growing up -- and I am so grateful for that.
Mia Hamm was born in 1972, the year women’s sport changed. She would grow up to score more goals than any other soccer player, man or woman. Over the years, female athletes like her have taken on sport by playing by their own rules and when necessary, breaking them. This week, we honor them.

No comments:

Post a Comment