30 April 2012

Did y'all catch Meet the Press yesterday?

I know I usually talk about movies on Monday (and I watched a couple pretty good ones, Like Crazy and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.  I recommend them both), but I need get something off my chest.
Watch this and try not to get angry.
First of all, let me just say that Alex Castellanos is just flat out rude.  It doesn't matter what your politics are -- have some respect, man.  His incessant interruptions of Rachel Maddow and face-making in the background on Meet the Press yesterday were ridiculous.  So the roundtable was discussing this so-called "War on Women."  I'm not a fan with the phrase they've coined, but I'll deal.  Maddow started to talk about the wage disparity between men and women.  Castellanos, as you can see, adamantly and rudely disagrees.  The problem here is that Republicans and Democrats are working with two different sets of facts.  Two different perceived realities.  This is the reason behind why so many people are fed of with Washington.  This is why people think our political system is broken.   And Castellanos is a perfect example of everything that is wrong with Washington today.

""I love how passionate you are. I wish you were as right about what you're saying as you are passionate about it. I really do."

Unbelievable.  Who says something like that on national TV?  So condescending.  The woman has a PhD for crying out loud.  That's more than he can say.  I don't know how Rachel kept it together, but more power to you, sister!  At least someone out there is taking a stand!

No comments:

Post a Comment