02 April 2012

Movie Monday: Confessions of a Political Junkie

Allow me to offer my sincerest apologies to those of you who expected a post about The Hunger Games movie.  While I did go see it in the theater this week with a great group of friends (and truly enjoyed it), The Ides of March will be the subject for the next paragraph or so.  I didn't get around to watching it on 15 March, so the last day of the month had to do.  I was enthralled with this movie.  And not just with Ryan Gosling and George Clooney.  Based on the play Farragut North by Beau Willimon, The Ides of March is everything political junkies like me love:  genius strategy, lust for power, the effects of hubris, backstabbing, scandal.  It's like a chess match -- and the winner gets the presidency.  It gives a great insight into the darker, behind the scenes life of politics.  

If you're like me and have campaign buttons on your fridge or you follow Hillary Clinton on Twitter or you check 5 different news sites multiple times a day to keep up with what's going on in Washington...this is the movie for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment