05 April 2012

Thursday = Nerd Day

Yep, so true.  I owe my grasp of grammar to Mrs. Wagoner.  3rd-5th grade would not have been the same without her.  Every one has a teacher who helps to mold them into the person they are today.  She is one of those people.  Not only would she not even acknowledge your presence if you asked a question  containing a grammatical error, but she taught us to be good writers.  Having her for English for three years during primary school gave me the confidence I needed to succeed as I grew older.  I knew I was a  strong writer and I have carried that with me ever since.  And she taught me some mad typing skills too.  I don't know how many times I typed "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog."  I still remember it, so probably a lot.  Her class is proof that advanced placement/gifted programs at the elementary level truly do make an impact on students.  Without her, I wouldn't be winning debates by default...and so many other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment