27 April 2012

fill in the blank friday



1.   I am currently obsessed with       ummm...Lyndon Johnson (more than usual).  Vinyl.  Vintage maps.  Watching TV instead of writing.  Ginger ale.  .

2.  Today I am    excited     because,    I survived my first year of graduate school!  All I have left is a history paper (a super boring lit review of 20th century immigration policy/legal history.  Yawnsville, I know, but it will help me with my thesis next spring). and a take-home final for my cataloging class.  And the Archives crew is celebrating the end of the semester at Nick's tonight!  .

3.  The age I am is    23     and the age I feel is    depends on the day.  Sometimes I feel like an old lady -- my knees hurt when I get up in the morning now.  I'd rather stay in on Friday night.  I get up at 6:30 am no matter what day it is.  I'm in library school...'nuff said.  And then other days I feel like a child.  Graduate school is infantilizing in a way.  Like we are prolonging becoming "real" adults or something   .

4.  My favorite place is     1. My grandparents' house.  2.  A certain table on the second floor of Hewes Library at Monmouth College.  It's right in line with the shelf that houses the beautiful green volumes of LBJ's Presidential Papers.  Next to window that faces the quad.  I miss it .

5.  Something I have been procrastinating is     working on that blasted history paper.  It's due on Wednesday.  I have time.  It's started.  I have an outline.  Yeah, just keep telling yourself that, Grebner  .

6.  The last thing I purchased was         I paid to have blood work done yesterday -- does that count?  .


7.  The thing I love most about my home is       in this sense I'm going to write about Illinois as my home.  Mainly because I miss it.  And I can't wait to be back for a few days next week.  I love the fields.  Especially soybean fields in the summer -- rolling out like a beautiful green carpet.   .

Hope your weekend is filled with loveliness!

xo
{Hope}

No comments:

Post a Comment