15 May 2012

Tuesday Tune-Day: A Southern Summer?


Perfect song for summer.  And it just sounds like New Orleans to me.  Oh what I would give to be back there right now.  Eating jambalaya...or beignets.  Chillaxing by a courtyard pool.  Talking walks down winding, narrow streets.

That reminds me...I have to complete an internship next summer, and I have been doing some research lately.  I've come to the decision that I want to spend my summer somewhere south of the Mason-Dixon.  I've always been drawn to the South for some reason.  I don't think I actually want to live there forever, but I would like to spend some extended time there.  Maybe in New Orleans at the Amistad Research Center.  Maybe in Austin, Texas at the LBJ Library or the Briscoe Center.  Maybe in Knoxville, Tennessee at the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.  Or perhaps I'll head to Florida where I already have some friends who have settled there.  Who knows?!  But what I do know is that I'm going to find a way to make this happen!

P.S.  Wish me luck -- I'm off to the Doc after class this afternoon.  Hopefully I can get these feet fixed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment