09 November 2011

Wednesday's Wonderings

Just a few things I've been thinking about this week:

Why is everything pumpkin flavored so delicious? I think I like it all. Coffee, pancakes, cookies, pie, the works. On my drive back to Indiana on Sunday afternoon, I stopped for a pumpkin spice cappuccino instead of stopping for dinner. That's how bad my addiction really is. That and I'm thinking of stocking up on pumpkin spice coffee like it's the apocalypse.

Along those same lines...can I just get an IV drip of caffeine for the next 1.5 years of my life? My caffeine consumption has increased exponentially since starting graduate school. If I don't have at least two cups of coffee and two Diet Cokes during a day, things might get ugly. I'm an addict...I'll admit it. Caffeine is a serious drug...

Here's something I've been thinking about since Saturday afternoon when I saw the stage adaptation of Mary Poppins at the Cadillac Palace in Chicago. At the end of the show, Mary and her magic umbrella fly out into the crowd at the end of the show. She just kept going up and up...until...she was gone! Where did Mary Poppins go when she flew into the crowd on Saturday? Yeah, yeah, I know -- she's magic.

What is this commercial? I happened to see it the other day and I'm appalled. Is our society moving backwards? Because this advertisement is a huge step in the wrong direction. Unbelievable.

And finally...what do I want for Christmas? My mom asked me this afternoon, and I have literally no idea. I really can't think of a single thing. This is, in part, probably because I usually ask for books for Christmas and the absolute last thing I want to do right now is read anymore books. I tried to read a book for fun last month and it just wasn't happening. It's like I have forgotten how. Now I'm searching the web in hopes of starting that list!

No comments:

Post a Comment