08 November 2011

No Hot Water, No Best Friend

I don't want this to turn into a rant. But it very well may do just that. Just a warning.

I came home to an apartment without hot water. In our bathroom at least. It's a long story. No big deal, I thought, I used to take ice baths for basketball all the time. Wrong. An ice shower is worse. I'm literally surprised snow wasn't coming out of the faucet. With blue lips, I had to make a pot of coffee to aid in the recovery process.

Then I sit down to my computer to read an email that says someone doesn't want to be friends with me anymore. I didn't really know that was something friends did...break up with you. In my experience friendships just kind of fade away gradually. I've never had one that has ended so abruptly. And the sad thing is, it's really only ended on one side. Because I will always be there for this person. No matter what. But, I guess some friendships run their course. Some people come into our lives for a season. I really wish this wasn't the case...

Here's to a better Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment