27 March 2012

Tuesday Tune-Day: Mellow or Melancholy


This song takes about a minute to get into, but when it does, wow.  It's worth the wait.  So give it a chance.  It's pretty indicative of my musical tastes.  On more than one occasion, I have been told that I listen to "depressing" music.  Maybe it is, I'm not sure.  But one thing I do know is that I like mellow music.  I have music playing pretty much all day.  I like to turn it on first thing in the morning while I'm getting ready.  I like to listen to it at work while I'm processing documents.  I like to listen to it in the library while I'm reading.  In the kitchen when I'm cooking.  In the shower. In the car when I'm driving for any distance, short or long.  When I'm trying to fall asleep at night.  I probably spend more time listening to music than anything else.  And because of this, I something that can be playing in the background and not be too overpowering.  And I want real music.  Guitars, banjos, pianos, strings.  I want lyrics that tell a story.  I'm pretty much the female version of Jane Austen's Mr. Darcy with all the brooding I tend to do -- and real music with a real story like The Barr Brothers helps me make it through the day.  What music keeps you going?

No comments:

Post a Comment