31 December 2011

Adios, 2011: Question Style

1. What did you do this year that you've never done before? Spring break road trip to North Carolina with Maggie! The real reason was to look at UNC, but we did make it to the beach! And I learned that North Carolina is one long state to drive through!

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I'm not really the resolution type.

3. Any new births this year? Not in the immediate family or circle of friends.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Thankfully, no.

5. What countries did you visit this year? Sadly, I spent all of 2011 stateside. But I did make that road trip to North Carolina and spent a week in New Orleans.

6. What would you like to have in the next year that you lacked this year? The means to travel abroad again. I'm so jealous that my sister is going to England!

7. What date from this year will remain etched upon your memory - and why? 15 May -- the day I graduated from Monmouth College.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Surviving my first semester of graduate school? No, in all seriousness, probably getting accepted to graduate school. Or making it through my commencement address without fainting.

9. What was your biggest failure of the year? Putting my ambitions above the people I care about the most. And letting a friendship move beyond repair.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Sick? I never get sick. Sick enough to stay home from school any way. But I had a stress fracture in my foot in August.

11. What was the best thing you bought this year? Hmmm...I would have to say my full size bed in my new apartment. I've been sleeping on a twin for my entire life, and this is a most welcome upgrade!

12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Probably the media. Or the GOP...take your pick.

13. Where did most of your money go this year? Tuition. Rent. Gas. Groceries.

14. What did you get really, really, really excited about this year? The Women's World Cup soccer games. I literally cried tears of joy on my living room floor. And then went out and ran in 90 degree weather because I was so excited.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- happier or sadder? Maybe a little of both.
- richer or poorer? Definitely poorer. When it comes to money, that is. But richer in so many other ways.
- thinner or fatter? Thinner -- graduate school will do that to you.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Traveling. Always.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Worrying.

20. How did you spend the holidays? As per usual, at home in Illinois with the family.

21. Did you fall in love this year? This year?

22. How many one-night stands did you have this year?
None, nada, never.

23. What was your favorite TV program for the year? Castle. Hands down. I think I know pretty much every episode by heart. And now that I don't have TV in my apartment, I get up at 6 am on Tuesday mornings to watch it before I go into work. Pathetic, right?

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Hate is a really strong word. I'd use the word upset. Or sad.

25. What was the best book you read this year? So many to choose from. I'm a huge fan of the Mary Russell series by Laurie King. If you're a Sherlock Holmes fan, seriously check them out. I re-read them all this past summer.

26. What was your favorite film of the year? Hmmm...The Muppet Movie is definitely up there. But based on the number of times I've watched it, I'm going to have to go with For Lovers Only. I've blogged about it multiple times, I'm sure.

27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept this year? Lots of cardigans over t-shirts, skinny jeans, and TOMS. Or button up shirts and sweaters. I let my hair grow out, I cut it off. Now I'm growing out again. I wore my glasses more, I guess.

28. Who did you miss this year? I missed my friends from DC when I was in Monmouth. I missed my Monmouth friends after graduation and I was still there. Then when I moved to Indiana, I missed Monmouth and Green Valley. Right now, I still can't believe its been almost 6 months since I've seen Nora.

29. Who was the best new person you met this year? I've met so many wonderful people this year -- especially all of my IU friends! I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for us!

30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned for this year. I've learned that I don't have to be perfect all the time. I've learned that my tenacity can be dangerous for my sanity. I've learned that friendships come and go. And I've learned that I'm more of a people-person than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment