14 November 2012

Hope's Political Crushes

So to get in the spirit of Joe Biden's appearance on Parks and Rec tomorrow night, I thought I would share my top political crushes with y'all.  Yeah, yeah.  Most people have celebrity crushes -- not this kid.  So without further ado...


#7 -- A Young President Gerald Rudolph Ford (R-MI)
I think it's the football thing.  Yep, that's definitely it.

#6 -- Congressman Aaron Jon Schock (R-IL)
Politics aside, I'll give my boy from the Fightin' 18th some love!  I mean look at him (and all those books!  He gave me a Snicker bar once...

#5 --  Vice President Joseph Robinette Biden (D-DE)
 Just like Leslie Knope, I have a thing for Joe Biden.  It's his smile and the way his eyes crinkle.  It gets me every time.  But in all seriousness, I view Biden as one of the greatest statesmen of the 20th (and 21st too) century and one of the foremost authorities on foreign policy.  He might be a little colorful at times, but that's what makes him so loveable!

#4  -- President Barack Hussein Obama (D-IL)
Sexy.  For so many reasons.  But I think the biggest reason for me is that I truly believe he is a good husband and a good father.  I'm proud to call him a "son of Illinois"...even if he is a Sox fan.  And the man plays basketball!  Need I say more?  I am also proud to admit that I have had an I Heart Barack Obama shirt since my senior year of high school

#3 --  Senator Robert Francis Kennedy (D-MA)
I'm not really sure what to say about RFK.  Other than that I love him.  Passionate.  Tenacious.  Loyal.  Those are all pretty attractive qualities, I'd say.  And then there's his work on civil rights and civil liberties.  'Nuff said.


#2 --  President William Jefferson Clinton (D-AR)
Okay, y'all -- we're getting into pretty serious territory.  Say what you might about Bill Clinton, but my adoration for him hasn't faded.  Or maybe it did, but it has definitely resurfaced.  Putting his personal life/past aside, I find him fascinating.  Endlessly charming and charismatic.  And that Southern drawl...does it get any better than that?  His speech at the DNC this year was phenomenal and he continues to do amazing work with the Clinton Global Initiative.  Plus, he managed to marry Hillary Clinton.  She's a smart lady -- if she sees something good in him, then it must be true!

#1 -- Senator Birch Evans Bayh, Jr. (D-IN)
As if you didn't already know who my number 1 would be.  I have a huge crush on Birch Bayh circa 1972 or so.  Equal Rights Amendment, 18 year old vote, Title IX.  I could go on.  It's pretty much my dream to meet him.  And it's a dream that actually has a possibility of coming true.  Hopefully it does!

No comments:

Post a Comment