You said it, C.S. Lewis!
My favorite things are constantly changing. I'm always discovering/on the look out for something new. So what are my favorite things on 1 July?
- What is your favorite book? A Severe Mercy by Sheldon VanAuken. I doubt that one will ever change. It's beautiful.
- What is your favorite song? "The Gardener" by The Tallest Man on Earth -- it's a great song for summer!
- What is your favorite color? Yellow. Especially when it's paired with gray and white.
- What is your favorite destination? Outside the U.S.?
Grenada, West Indies. In the U.S? Washington, DC. That I really want
to go? Right now I really want to visit the Dalmatian Coast in Croatia.
- What is your favorite memory? That's a toughie but it's probably this (A picture's worth a thousand words, right?):
- What is your favorite TV show? Castle. It's literally the only show that I can watch over and over again. Although The West Wing is my current obsession. P.S. Why did the numbers start over with this question?
- What is your favorite movie? Another tough one -- probably Woman of the Year. Classic Katharine Hepburn/Spencer Tracy.
- What is your favorite food? Chips and Salsa is my favorite summer food. I think I could even eat them for breakfast.
- What is your favorite dessert? Pie. Peach Pie.
- What is your favorite treat? Iced coffee. I'm currently on my third of the day and I haven't even been up 12 hours.
- What is your favorite car? I'm really digging the Chevy Volt right now.
- What is your favorite piece of clothing? Like in general? Or that I own? I love cardigans and/or button up shirts. I'm also a fan of the sweater vest. But that I own? I just bought a pair of lime green shorts that I like a lot.
- What is your favorite fashion accessory? My watch.
- What is your favorite perfume? This is such a lame question. I don't really have one.
- What is your favorite leisure activity? Leisure activity? Who wrote this? I would normally say reading, but graduate school has ruined that leisure activity for me (at least for the time being) so I would probably say running or swimming.
- Who is your favorite author? Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- Who is your favorite actor/actress? Katharine Hepburn and Dick Van Dyke. But present day? Meryl Streep and Colin Firth.
- Who is your favorite singer? Brandi Carlile.
- Who is your role model? I wouldn't say that I really have a role model anymore -- I'm trying to do my own thing. I have people that I admire, but that's about it. Growing up I looked up to professional athletes. I guess you could say that I still look up to them. Oh, and Amelia Earhart, of course. How could I forget her? She was so fierce. I pretty much admire any powerful and independent woman. Lately, it's women like Hillary Clinton or Gabby Giffords who get my attention.
- Where is your favorite place to be? In Bloomington? Probably just hanging out where ever my friends are. Anywhere there isn't traffic or construction this summer.