01 July 2012

First of the Month Favorites

You said it, C.S. Lewis!
My favorite things are constantly changing.  I'm always discovering/on the look out for something new.  So what are my favorite things on 1 July?
  1. What is your favorite book?  A Severe Mercy by Sheldon VanAuken.  I doubt that one will ever change. It's beautiful. 
  2. What is your favorite song?  "The Gardener" by The Tallest Man on Earth -- it's a great song for summer!
  3. What is your favorite color?  Yellow.  Especially when it's paired with gray and white. 
  4. What is your favorite destination?  Outside the U.S.?  Grenada, West Indies.  In the U.S?  Washington, DC.  That I really want to go?  Right now I really want to visit the Dalmatian Coast in Croatia. 
  5. What is your favorite memory?  That's a toughie but it's probably this (A picture's worth a thousand words, right?):  
  1. What is your favorite TV show? Castle.  It's literally the only show that I can watch over and over again.  Although The West Wing is my current obsession.  P.S.  Why did the numbers start over with this question?
  2. What is your favorite movie?  Another tough one -- probably Woman of the Year.  Classic Katharine Hepburn/Spencer Tracy. 
  3. What is your favorite food?  Chips and Salsa is my favorite summer food.  I think I could even eat them for breakfast. 
  4. What is your favorite dessert?  Pie.  Peach Pie. 
  5. What is your favorite treat? Iced coffee.  I'm currently on my third of the day and I haven't even been up 12 hours. 
  6. What is your favorite car?  I'm really digging the Chevy Volt right now. 
  7. What is your favorite piece of clothing?  Like in general?  Or that I own?  I love cardigans and/or button up shirts.  I'm also a fan of the sweater vest.  But that I own?  I just bought a pair of lime green shorts that I like a lot. 
  8. What is your favorite fashion accessory?  My watch. 
  9. What is your favorite perfume?  This is such a lame question.  I don't really have one. 
  10. What is your favorite leisure activity?  Leisure activity?  Who wrote this?  I would normally say reading, but graduate school has ruined that leisure activity for me (at least for the time being) so I would probably say running or swimming. 
  11. Who is your favorite author?  Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
  12. Who is your favorite actor/actress?  Katharine Hepburn and Dick Van Dyke.  But present day?  Meryl Streep and Colin Firth. 
  13. Who is your favorite singer?  Brandi Carlile. 
  14. Who is your role model?  I wouldn't say that I really have a role model anymore -- I'm trying to do my own thing.  I have people that I admire, but that's about it. Growing up I looked up to professional athletes.  I guess you could say that I still look up to them.  Oh, and Amelia Earhart, of course.  How could I forget her?  She was so fierce.  I pretty much admire any powerful and independent woman.  Lately, it's women like Hillary Clinton or Gabby Giffords who get my attention. 
  15. Where is your favorite place to be? In Bloomington?  Probably just hanging out where ever my friends are.  Anywhere there isn't traffic or construction this summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment