08 July 2012

Weekend Update: Happy Birthday America!

The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays.  Probably second only to Thanksgiving.  I was pretty bummed that it happened to fall on a Wednesday in the middle of a long week of summer classes.  But...I am so grateful that I have an incredible group of friends.  We grilled out, laughed, went on an adventure to the Bloomington fireworks, sat in the car in traffic for a really long time, and laughed some more.  Here's some scenes from our 4th!

We picnicked.  And it was H-O-T hot.  But we look pretty happy, don't we?

And we topped off the evening with some post-fireworks Bomb Pops.  That's Bomb Pops -- not Rocket Pops.  We had a Midwest vs. East Coast debate on the proper name for these delicious summer treats.  Feel free to weigh in with your opinion!

I spent a good portion of my day working on homework for my government information class.  Which actually means I spent a good portion of my day taking breaks from my homework for my government information class.  And that's when I stumbled across this gem of a photo of the one and only Birch Bayh.  And added these lyrics from what could possibly be the most annoying song of the summer.  But Birch Bayh can call me anytime!  This might be the nerdiest thing I've ever done, but I couldn't resist.  I'm seriously crushing hard on this guy.  My first octogenarian crush! ;-)

Speaking of politics -- I questioned my friend Rachel's dog, Quincy, on her political affiliations.  Democrat or Republican?  I'm pretty sure I phrased it "Democrat or Republi-can't," but oh well.  So yes, this a photo of me having a serious political conversation with a dog. 
Now I'm home in Illinois, for the weekend.  Eating strawberries and creme for breakfast as I watch Wimbledon tennis matches at 7 am.  Relaxing on a raft in the pool.  Getting dive-bombed by bats.  Working on Spanish translations and government assignments.  Life is good.  I'm not ready to head back to Indiana (and reality)!

No comments:

Post a Comment