12 October 2011

Things I'm Digging Right Now


1. Ben & Jerry's Red Velvet Cake Ice Cream. Dear gentlemen, if I could fly to Vermont right now I would kiss you. Both of you.

2. HTML. Nerd alert! I'm taking a basic computer course as part of my MLS degree. Today I made my own website. It was really really basic, but it's still fun! It's kind of like learning a new language.

3. Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale. Or any Oktoberfest beer in general. I bought a case for a what I'm sure will be a lovely fall dinner party my friends and I are throwing tomorrow night. And of course, we had to sample it tonight to make sure it was butternut squash mac 'n cheese worthy.

4. Labor History. Wow, I never thought I'd say that one. Never in a million years. But I'm reading James Green's Death in the Haymarket right now. Okay, so maybe it's more microhistory than anything, but still. I'm completely enthralled in 1886 Chicago and the inner workings of the labor movement.

5. This awesome 1990s playlist from 8tracks. I'm telling you -- 1990s historian. It's going to happen one day and I'm going to be right in the thick of it. Like totally.

No comments:

Post a Comment