10 September 2011

An All Girls School, History Movies, and Ray Lamontagne

Random ramblings on a sleepy Saturday (that feels like Sunday)...

Indiana University is the closest thing to an all-girls school I have ever seen. Well, at least the history and library science departments are. How am I supposed to find a love interest when I'm surrounded by women? All the time. You'd think after moving from an undergraduate institution of 1300 I'd be fishing in deeper waters. Not the case. I think there are only four men in my cohort. Don't get me wrong, I love my group of friends and I'm all for more women going on to advanced degrees, but I'm not just looking for a homosocial circle. I need a man who will talk history to me...

Which brings me to my next rambling. Movies based on history. Are they good? Or not? I'm on the fence. Usually they are either wildly entertaining, but grossly inaccurate...or completely accurate but oh so boring. But last night I watched Robert Redford's The Conspirator. I think The American Film Company is on to something. I would love to work for them someday. And I was excited to hear some music from one of my favorite artists...

Ray Lamontagne. His stuff is genius. Here's his song from The Conspirator. He was just in Indianapolis this summer and I'm kicking myself for not moving to IN sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment