22 January 2013

Hope's Inauguration Hangover

No alcohol needed -- this lethargy has been brought on by too much pure political pageantry.  And I loved every minute of it!  I think I watched close to 12 hours of C-SPAN yesterday.  While having a job where I have a TV in my office just for C-SPAN is one of my (not so) secret dreams, I will admit that I might have gone a little overboard.  Which makes heading back into work today all the more difficult.  But on my breaks, y'all know I'll be glued to Politico or The Hill to see what's happening.  In the mean time, can I just say that 1) Michelle's dress was stunning and 2) I have a serious couple crush on the Obamas.
They know how to have fun!

I'm sad to see the election season come to an end.  Yeah, I said it.  But, I'm excited to see what the next four years has in store for us.  Hopefully, our leaders in Washington can put aside their partisan differences and start to reach across the aisle to accomplish something.  A girl can dream, right?  Oh, and I can't forget -- Hillary 2016!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment