12 July 2011

Simplify, Simplify!

Our life is frittered away by detail.

Henry David Thoreau wrote that. And he was a pretty smart dude. At least I think so. But then again, I like pretty much any transcendentalist. I remember reading Walden and Civil Disobedience in American Lit in high school, and they literally rocked my world. I especially remember our "Transcendental Picnic" we had out in the woods by our school. Now that totally rocked my socks (if I was wearing any, which I probably wasn't). But anyway, back to my real reason for this post -- I'm all about simplicity this summer. Well, I'm trying. Cooking from scratch. Choosing books over TV (which isn't hard to do in the summer). Walking instead of driving. I've even simplified my daily workouts. Run 2-3 miles. 100 pushups. 200 sit-ups. It's been great. Check out the links to an awesome program. I've never felt better. Thanks HDT!

No comments:

Post a Comment