07 July 2011

Love is real, real is love.


So, the selfish part of me has been debating whether I wanted to blog about this film and share it with the rest of the world, or if I wanted to keep it to myself. That's how much I love it. For Lovers Only by the Polish Brothers is hands down the best film I have seen in years. Shot completely in black and white, it is more art than it is film. It's raw. It's real. It's heartbreakingly beautiful. And it made me want to go to France -- that's saying something. It was shot completely on location in Paris, Avignon, Marseilles, Nice, Normandy, and Saint Tropez. I love the fact that the cast and crew were like vagabonds driving across France one summer. It's just as much a story about falling in love with France as it is about the love affair between the two protagonists. I wish a boy would drive me across Paris.

This is one of the most profound movies I have ever seen. A job well done to Michael and Mark Polish and Stana Katic!

No comments:

Post a Comment