10 February 2011

In My Mind I'm Going to Carolina...

Can't you see the sunshine? Can't you just feel the moonshine? Ain't it just like a friend of mine to hit me from behind? Yes, I'm going to Carolina in my mind.
The words of that old James Taylor song have been in my head since late Monday night when I found out I've been accepted to The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's graduate program in Library Science. Now I'm planning a road trip out to Tar Heel Country over spring break! I've never been to North Carolina and I can't wait! I've already been warned that I will instantly fall in love. I hope so!

Ever since I can remember, I've felt a strong connection to the South. The front porches. The sweet tea. The warmth. The Spanish moss. The forests and mountains. The beaches. The slower pace of life. Now there's a possibility that I'll be moving there after graduation and I just can't help daydreaming about it all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment